Friday, February 15, 2013


Band - Anathema
Album - Alternative 4 (1998)
Genre - Doom/Death Metal (early), Atmospheric Rock (later)

Anathema is one of the pioneers of death/doom genre along with My dying bride,Paradise lost etc later they have changed their style is to atmospheric rock but thats not bad in my opinion they have taken some pink floyd influences and created some great albums this is one of them.This is the first album i heard from them.Such A brilliant masterpiece Danny Cavanagh's vocals are awesome.Slow melodies great song writing.One of my all time favorite albums for me.Greatest thing is that they are covering Pink Floyds "Good bye cruel world" great cover   \m/

2 comments:

Hashan Randika Dias said...

Know them from the album Whether Systems.... that was really Awsome conceptual work... need to listen their early stuff too...I think this is also great...... thnxxx for share this bro \m/

Vishan666 said...

This is my all time fav anathema album bro.I hv most of their stuff checkout this album and also judgement,a natural disaster,A fine day to exit,we're here because we're here etc great band \m/

Post a Comment